Every type of surgery involves some sort of preparation, no matter how big or small the procedure may be. The same goes with oral surgery. Regardless of the surgical procedure, our team at Redondo Oral Surgery wants to ensure that you remain as safe and comfortable as possible during your treatment. To accomplish this goal, it is important that you properly prepare for your surgery by following these steps:
– Wear comfortable and casual clothes. Men should trim any facial hair and women should not wear makeup. Do not wear any jewelry.
– Unless otherwise instructed, eat a light meal before your procedure.
– Brush and floss your teeth.
– Notify your doctor of any prescription or over-the-counter medications you are currently taking.
– Do not drink any alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to surgery.
– Do not wear contact lenses; if you need corrective eyewear, please wear glasses.
– Prepare some ice packs and nutritious, soft foods at home so you can relax after your surgery.
Prior to your day of surgery, your oral surgeon, Dr. Johnsin, Dr. Westernoff, or Dr. Mardirosian, will review these and any other pre-operative instructions with you. Many procedures are performed with some type of sedation, ranging from a local anesthetic to IV sedation. We will review the type of sedation your treatment will involve, as well as any specific instructions related to using that form of sedation.
For those who require oral surgery, we invite you to contact our practice at 310-641-6124 and learn how our team of specialists can care for you. Please take the time necessary to prepare for your procedure, as that will help ensure that your treatment will go as smoothly as possible. If you have any further questions, please give us a call at our office in Redondo Beach, California.