Dental implants are the standard of care and considered the preferred treatment option for tooth replacement. There are other options for replacing missing teeth, but dental implant treatment is the only option that preserves the bone and does not compromise the health of the adjacent teeth.
Tooth Replacement Options
Advantages of Dental Implants
- Implant crowns look, feel and function like natural teeth.
- Dental implants prevent bone resorption/deterioration.
- There is no need to cut down the adjacent teeth to replace one tooth.
- Dental implants have a much better long-term success rate.
- Dental implants restore the appearance of a natural-looking smile.
- An implant crown is much easier to clean than a traditional bridge.
- Implant replacement teeth are more stable than partials and dentures.
- Natural biting and chewing capacity is restored with dental implants.
- The discomfort of traditional dentures is eliminated with dental implants.
Replacing Teeth With Dental Implants
Dental implant treatment at Oral Surgery Partners in Redondo Beach, Los Angeles, and Westchester, California, can replace a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth or all of the teeth. In each case, dental implant treatment provides benefits that cannot be provided by other treatment options, including bone preservation and not involving the adjacent teeth, which compromises the long-term health of those teeth.
Replacing a Single Missing Tooth
Replacing Multiple Teeth
Replacing a Denture or All of the Teeth
Originally designed to replace dentures, dental implants have transformed the lives of countless patients who were missing all of their teeth in the upper or lower jaw. The most significant advantage of dental implant treatment is that it significantly reduces the bone loss and facial structure collapse resulting from complete tooth loss.
Dentures have significant disadvantages, including:
- Dentures are uncomfortable and often painful.
- Dentures do not look natural, especially when eating.
- Speaking with dentures is sometimes difficult and often sounds unnatural.
- As the bone continues to melt away, dentures become loose and can fall out when laughing, sneezing or coughing without adhesives.
- People with dentures visibly age much faster than people with natural teeth.
- Dentures do not allow people to eat certain foods, such as steak or apples.
Dental implants also allow people who have multiple missing teeth or teeth that cannot be restored to replace all of their teeth and restore a natural-looking smile that functions properly.
The All-on-4® Treatment Concept
A widely advertised option for complete tooth replacement in one or both arches is the All-on-4 treatment concept. For more information about full arch treatment click here.
Schedule a consultation with our oral surgeons to learn more by calling us at 310-641-6124.